2022 Eni Oil & Gas Company Scholarships: St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, in partnership with the international integrated energy company Eni, is offering up to three students from Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, or the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville) the opportunity to study for a fully funded degree in 2022/23.
These scholarships will allow St Antony’s to admit up to three of the best African students irrespective of means and will add immeasurably to the diverse and intellectual character of the College. This is part of a joint initiative between Eni & St Antony’s College to invest in and strengthen African leadership.
St Antony’s and Eni are equally keen to provide encouragement and where possible, structured incentives for Eni Scholars to continue their studies or find useful employment back in their home country after graduating from Oxford. Discussions about this are ongoing and scholars will be informed of relevant contacts and partnerships as they emerge.
Eni Oil & Gas Company Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Category: Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: March 1, 2022
Africa, for Eni, is the past, the present, and the future. Africa is the continent that Eni has experienced, as a pioneer, and the one, which today continues to shape Eni’s experiences as a partner of countries where Eni has established lasting relationships, understanding and respecting African societies and cultures and their diversity.
A presence in a continent, which supplies more than half of Eni’s crude oil and natural gas production, a share that is increasing thanks to the successes of recent prospecting campaigns.
In these complex times, the energy industry is faced with a twin challenge: ensuring that the world’s growing population, due to increase from 7 to more than 11 billion people by 2100, has access to low cost energy and, at the same time, making sure that this is achieved in an environmentally sustainable way.
In line with its mission, inspired by the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Eni contributes to the SDGs targets through strategic cooperations focused on areas of common interest such as youth employment, agriculture value chains, and renewable energy, and energy efficiency, particularly in Africa.
The Eni Oil & Gas Company Scholarship is open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria, and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville). Preference will be given to applicants whose first degree is from an African university.
Preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit their home country after graduation.
Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements. See the University’s course guide for more information.
Applicants must apply for admission to one of the following eligible 1 year Master’s courses:
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Economic & Social History
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
Scholarship Duration and Reward
100% of fees, and an annual grant for living costs. The stipend for courses with different durations will be adjusted accordingly.
The scholarship also covers one economy return airfare from your home country to the UK at the start and end of your course.
Method of Application
In order to be considered for the scholarship, please follow these three steps:
- Read the information on this webpage carefully.
- Apply online to the University of Oxford for one of the eligible courses as listed above. You must submit your application for graduate study to the University by the January deadline (7th or 21st January 2022 depending on the programme applied to – check the University’s guidance on application deadlines) and you must have secured a place on your chosen programme of study by the final completion date (1st March 2022). It would help if you select St Antony’s College in the college choice section of the application form, though this is not compulsory.
- Once you have applied to the University, please complete the online Eni Scholarship application form which is available at the bottom of this page The deadline for submission of the form is 5pm, UK time, on 1st March 2022.
Please note that incomplete and ineligible applications will not be considered for an Eni Oil & Gas Company Scholarship.