A Beginner’s Guide to Microsoft Excel – Learn Excel Charts, Spreadsheets, Formulas, Shortcuts, Macros and Tips & Tricks
Zero to Hero in Microsoft Excel: Complete Excel guide 2021
What you’ll learn
A Beginner’s Guide to Microsoft Excel – Microsoft Excel, Learn Excel, Spreadsheets, Formulas, Shortcuts, Macros
Knowledge of all the essential Excel formulas
Become proficient in Excel data tools like Sorting, Filtering, Data validations and Data importing
Master Excel’s most popular lookup functions such as Vlookup, Hlookup, Index and Match
Harness full potential of Excel by creating Pivot tables with slicers
Make great presentations using the Conditional and Table formatting options
Visually enchant viewers using Bar charts, Scatter Plots, Histograms etc.
Increase your efficiency by learning how to create and use important Excel shortcuts
Explore fun and exciting use cases of Excel
You will need a PC with any version of Excel installed in it
6 Reasons why you should choose this Excel course
- Carefully designed curriculum teaching you only the most used functionalities of Microsoft Excel in business environment
- Concise – you can complete this Microsoft Excel course within one weekend
- Business related examples, data analysis and case studies solved using Advanced Excel.
- You will learn various data analysis techniques using MS Excel
- Ample practice exercises on data analysis, MS excel (basic & advanced), because Excel requires practice
- Downloadable resources comprising important MS Excel techniques and functionalities
- Your queries will be responded by the Instructor himself
Start using Excel to its full potential to become proficient at your Excel tasks today!
Either you’re new to Microsoft Excel, or you’ve played around with Excel since long but want to get more comfortable with MS Excel’s advanced features, or maybe you want to enhance your data analysis skills using Microsoft Excel. Either way, this Excel course will be great for you.
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this MS Excel course.
Why should you choose this course?
This is a complete and concise tutorial on MS Excel which can be completed within 6 hours. This course will help you learn advanced Excel and various data analysis tools associated with Microsoft excel. We know that your time is important and hence we have created this fast paced MS Excel course without wasting time on irrelevant Excel operations.
What makes us qualified to teach you?
The course is taught by Abhishek and Pukhraj. Instructors of the course have been teaching Data Science and Machine Learning for over a decade. They have an in-depth knowledge in advanced MS Excel and various data analysis tools available in the market.
We are also the creators of some of the most popular online courses – with over 150,000 enrollments and thousands of 5-star reviews like these ones:
I had an awesome moment taking this course. It broaden my knowledge more on the power use of Excel as an analytical tools. Kudos to the instructor! – Sikiru
Very insightful, learning very nifty tricks and enough detail to make it stick in your mind. – Armand
Teaching our students is our job and we are committed to it. If you have any questions about the course content on basic Excel features, or advanced Excel functions or maybe on data analysis tools; practice sheet or anything related to any topic, you can always post a question in the course or send us a direct message.
Download Practice files, take Quizzes, and complete Assignments
With each lecture, there is a practice sheet attached for you to follow along. You can also take quizzes to check your understanding of concepts. Each section contains a practice assignment for you to practically implement your learning. Assignments are aimed at enhancing your skillsets on Microsoft Excel at an advanced level and at analysing data. Solution to Assignment is also shared so that you can review your performance.
What is covered in this course?
This course covers everything you need to crack advanced MS Excel in the professional work place.
Below are the Excel course contents of this complete and concise course on Microsoft Excel:
- Introduction – In this video, the structure and contents of the course are discussed.
- Mathematical Functions – This lecture covers Mathematical formulas such as SUM, AVERAGE,RAND, MIN & MAX, SUMPRODUCT.
- Textual Formulas – This Excel lecture covers Textual formulas such as TRIM, CONCATENATE, SUBSTITUTE, UPPER & LOWER, LENGTH, LEFT, RIGHT & MID
- Logical Formulas – This lecture covers Logical formulas such as AND & OR, IF, COUNTIF, SUMIF
- Date-time (Temporal) Formulas – This lecture covers Date-time related functions such as TODAY & NOW, DAY, MONTH & YEAR, DATEDIF & DAYS
- Lookup Formulas – This Excel lecture covers Lookup formulas such as VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH
- Data Tools – This lecture covers Data operating tools such as Data Sorting and Filtering, Data validation, Removing duplicates, Importing Data (Text-to-columns)
- Formatting data and tables – This Excel lecture covers data formatting options such as coloring, changing font, alignments and table formatting options such as adding borders, having highlighted table headers, banded rows etc.
- Pivot Tables – This Excel lecture covers Pivot tables end-to-end.
- Charts – This Excel lecture covers charts such as, Bar/ Column chart, Line Chart, Scatter Plot, Pie & Doughnut charts, Statistical Chart – Histogram, Waterfall, Sparklines
- Excel Shortcuts – This lecture will introduce you to some important shortcuts and teach you how to find out the shortcut for any particular excel operation.
- Analytics in Excel – This Excel lecture covers the data analytics options available in Excel such as Regression, Solving linear programming problem (Minimization or Maximization problems), What-if (Goal Seek and Scenario Manager)
- Macros – This lecture covers the process of recording a Macro, running a Macro and creating a button to run a Macro.
- Bonus Lectures – Waterfall chart in Excel 2016 and previous versions of Excel, Infographics 1: Cool charts, Infographics 2: Cool charts
- And so much more!
By the end of this course, your confidence in using MS Excel will soar. You will learn how Microsoft Excel can play a pivotal role in data analysis and related field. You’ll also have a thorough understanding of how to use Microsoft Excel for study or as a career opportunity.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
Why learn Microsoft Excel?
1. Microsoft Excel helps solve Business Problems
2. MS Excel has some extremely relevant and important data analysis tools.
3. Advanced MS Excel will give you an edge over other candidates in the competitive environment in schools, colleges or workplaces.
4. Microsoft Excel helps you get stuff done
5. Microsoft Excel will make you better at your job (no matter what that is)
6. Microsoft Excel know-how can instantly increase your job prospects as well as your starting salary
How much time does it take to learn Microsoft Excel?
Microsoft Excel is easy but no one can determine the learning time it takes. It totally depends on you. The method we adopted to help you learn Microsoft Excel quickly starts from the basics and takes you to advanced level within hours. You can follow the same, but remember you can learn nothing without practicing it. Practice is the only way to learn Microsoft Excel quickly.
What are the steps I should follow to learn Microsoft Excel?
1. Start learning from the basics of Microsoft Excel. The first 3 sections of the course cover the basics.
2. Once done with the basic try your hands on advanced MS Excel. Next 7 sections cover Advanced Excel topics
3. Next section will help you some cool new tricks of Microsoft Excel.
4. Practice your learning on the exercise provided with every lecture.
What is the difference between basic and advanced level of Excel?
At Basic level of MS Excel a person
- Can build excel formulas using: SUM, IF, AVERAGE, COUNT, ROUND
- Is comfortable building excel formulas to manipulate text and dates
- Understands and can use the Filter and Sort feature of Microsoft Excel.
- Can create basic charts like Line chart, bar chart and pie chart
At Advanced level of MS Excel a person
- Can implement Excel LOOKUP Formulas like VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Index and Match
- Can use conditional and logical formulas like IF, SUMIF, COUNTIF, OR, AND etc.
- Knows what a Pivot Table is and how to build one.
- Knows what an add-in is and how to install one.
- Can record a macro and use it later.
- Can successfully edit/modify simple recorded macros.
- Can create advanced charts like Waterfall chart and overlay chart in Microsoft Excel
- Can create solve analytics problem using excel solver.
Start working proficiently on Microsoft Excel and increase your office productivity.
The Authors of this Microsoft Excel course have several years of corporate experience and hence have curated the course material keeping in mind the requirement of advanced MS Excel in today’s corporate world.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone curious to master excel from beginner to Advanced in short span of time